Old October 1st 09, 06:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jim

Default Triton trikes?

wrote:

Hello,

Target carries a trike brand that's totally new to me:
http://www.asaproducts.com/.

Has anybody here heard of Triton Trikes before?

No.

Interesting they describe their trike as a beach cruiser
though.

By the look of those pictures, it seems to have a unicycle
style wheel at the front and rear-wheel steering. Forgive my
ignorance, but wouldn't rear-wheel steering be a bit
dangerous? I mean for example if a truck pulled close
alongside, could you steer away from it without swinging the
rear end in to contact with the truck?

later ...

OK I just read the FAQ on their website which says ...

"Q: Can I ride the Triton or Triton Pro around town or is it
just for the beach?"

"A: Neither the Triton nor the Triton Pro were designed for
riding on the street. These bikes were designed for riding on
bike paths, beach boardwalks, sidewalks, and places that are
safe with little to no traffic."

I think that probably answers my question!

Thanks for mentioning it - it's an interesting idea using a
uni style front end, especially as I think Schlumf have a hub
gear which can be used with Unicycles.

Cheers,

Jim

(first time posting to this ng, so hello everyone too - I'm
not a recumbent user myself yet, but looking out for something
which might suit when I've saved a few more pennies).