Old January 15th 11, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default 2010 Road Find Thread

On 1/13/2011 11:03 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jan 9, 12:50 am, Frank wrote:

... Sure enough, it looked like a perfect iPod lying screen up, dead
center in the westbound lane, plus some other stuff. Again, too much
traffic both ways. I rode about 100 feet past it and pulled into a
drive on the left and waited for traffic to clear.

After about 30 seconds, I had enough gap to head back downhill. In
that amount of time, someone had run it over, despite it being dead
center in the lane. Its touch screen was smashed.

I picked it up anyway (and still intend to dissect it, just for fun).
But what a near miss!

So seriously: Is there anything interesting or practical to do with
an iPod with a smashed screen?

- Frank Krygowski

Google around, there might be a tutorial for DIY screen replacement,
usually replacement displays are available at places like EBay. I do
micro electronic repair from time to time, it's not too hard if you have
a few tools and lots of patience.