Old August 17th 04, 08:07 PM
mark_kendrick

JD Wrote:
"Dan Vo2lker" wrote in message
I bought 2 Trek Liquid 25's back around last Christmas, one for

myself and
one for my girlfriend. When I bought my Liquid, I was weighing 237

pounds,
and needed the 5 inch full suspension to make very rooty trails more
comfortable to ride---

HAHAHAHA

I believe a rider over 200 pounds "needs" more travel
than a 145 pound rider, due to the greater inertial mass.

Can you say "fallacy"? Nobody *needs* travel, except goobers who are
conned by the marketing creeps.

In any event, the
Trek Liquid worked perfectly for me, and handled plenty of abuse.

Yeah, we've seen how "abusive" your trails are. What a laugh...again.

snip more non-expert opinion

As to high speed descending, I have been riding this bike in Florida

snip laughable claims/terrain

Tell us all, Vo2lker, how does one descend a molehill? What's the
high point in Fla?

I'll have it in the North Carolina area soon, where I can ride on

some real
mountain sized downhills, but for now I feel confident in saying the

Liquid
is a good bike.

A glowing review from someone who doesn't know jack shiite, except the
sad little world of Fla "mountain biking". What a joke.

JDDoes the 'J' stand for jackass?

Some of my favorite riding is done up and down a course that has about
50' of elevation change.
just because you don't run downhill for 3-4 minutes doesn't mean you
don't know what downhill means.

I've ridden climbs and daownhills that were only 50yds long that could
kill you. To assume that anyone who doesn't live near a couple thousand
feet of elevation change isn't a mountainbiker will get your ass handed
to you in a race.

grow up looser.

--
mark_kendrick