Old July 31st 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Thomas Wentworth

Default Panniers vs. Trailers?

I used both one summer ......... what a misstake. I felt like I was pulling
the tractor at the fair and carrying my belongings to boot.

Now, I am a simple pannier guy. Just a couple of old panniers, one pup
tent, a sleeping bag, and a pad...

"Jon Forrest" wrote in message
I'd like to hear what people think of the strengths and weaknesses
of using panniers versus trailers for long bike trips. I'm
especially interested in safety and security issues (e.g. falling
over because of panniers/trailers, keeping lowlifes from
stealing your stuff).

--Jon-