Old January 29th 07, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Creature

Default ouch

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:59:23 +0000, congokid wrote:
I lay there, shaken, dazed and in pain, for a couple of moments, then
gingerly got up. I noticed my front light had gone for a burton, with
bits and batteries scattered along the gutter and pavement. As I
collected these (they're rechargeables - couldn't just leave them
there), I felt as if I'd broken the collar bone and at least one rib.

Glad you're OK - or at least, no serious damage was done. Well done on
getting the light back, too - I managed to lose the front off one of my
headlamps last week (the important bit, as it has the LEDs, switch, and
top battery cap) somewhere on my ride home. Annoyingly I know I heard it
clatter off as I recall checking my backpack to make sure the pocket with
my wallet and phone etc. was closed properly, but I can't remember where.
I managed to lose a couple of rechargeables too.

--
Alex Pounds (Creature) .~. http://www.alexpounds.com/
/V\ http://www.ethicsgirls.com/