Old February 5th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default 'ere it is...

On Feb 3, 9:48 pm, "G.T." wrote:
...a little number called 12FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new 27er:

http://homepage.mac.com/getosx/jubilee.jpg

I rode it for an hour or so at sunset tonight. Definitely need that
longer 26.2 seatpost I have on the way, I think I might put some wider
bars on especially since it looks like the bottom of the left drop was
pushed in sometime in the past (the only problem I can see with this 25
year old bike), and I think I may drop the toe clips riding flats for
awhile and then maybe put some clipless on.

This is the first time I've ridden a singlespeed, fixed or not, so there
were a couple of times where I tried to shift down. I can definitely
see the appeal of riding single and/or fixed, it's simple, quiet, and
you don't have to think, you just ride.

I really don't know how guys ride fixed gears off-road. I rode in very
little traffic, a pretty much empty LA River bike path and a little
off-road at Griffith Park, didn't have any troubles but when I
encountered swerving obstacles such as the bike path entry my instinct
is to coast through it. I can't imagine being forced to pedal through a
rock garden.

Observations: the brakes sucked back then, the very straight cranks
don't give any ankle room, but that seat is damn comfortable.

Apologies to Wire fans everywhere.

Greg

Toeclips, I don't see how you guys ride around in those things...

Since I'm running the same ratio on my Continental and it weighs 10
lbs more, consider me handicapped.

JD getting ready for a solo midnight ridezz