Old May 19th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

Default ITS SPRING !!

"N8N" wrote in message

seriously. some people just don't look at the big picture. I don't
know how many times I've heard "I bought a new car and I really like
that it's environmentally friendly." I used to try to explain that
the most environmentally friendly car was one that was already built;
now I just smile and nod because usually they just wouldn't get it and
thought I was a nutcase.

Nate, you have a good grasp of the situation. We are hearing "Global
Warming" and politicians crying that if we're willing to turn all of our
income over to them and drop our standard of living down to what's in the
3rd world that we'll be TRYING to do something about it.

Of course the fact is that there might not even be any global warming per
se' and what we're seeing is the perfectly natural conditions near the end
of the intermediate periods between ice ages. The fact is that it is so long
between ice ages that there can easily be "averaging" of the geological
remains that they use for assuming temperature profiles.

While we certainly could improve our use of energy and abuse of the
environment, man adds essentially nothing to global warming and as we see
with the "USE GRAIN GENERATED ALCOHOL FOR TRANSPORTATION" the are
completely ignorant of the effects of their stupid policies and while third
world people are now starving in greater numbers we see some
"environmentalists" saying this is a good thing because there are too many
people in the world.

Never occurs to them that starvation leads to war.