Old September 4th 19, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Ketone Esters

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:40:40 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
A couple of weeks ago we were talking about Ketone Esters. This is sort of a predigested results of dietary fat.

I had breakfast and because I was heading out on a difficult ride I drank a bottle of that stuff cut 50/50 with tap water.

It has a taste reminiscent of fingernail polish. And that taste sticks with you.

It didn't seem to do anything. I really dragged my butt up the 1,000 foot climb with 9-12% sections but I made it.

My commute home over the hills is 1,200 feet of climbing, and I don't do anything special except pee before leaving work. I try not to carry a ream of paper in my backpack. And 9-12%? Pfff. Try 22%. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng9ERBZA47w And that just gets you up to the climb, which gets you to the next climb up 16th https://tinyurl.com/y29sd3sz (spin around and look down), and then you have to climb SW Hawthorne https://tinyurl.com/y4b6qfx7 and then up to Fairmount and then up to Council Crest if I want some views on the way home. https://tinyurl.com/yyel9mbn

It costs a small fortune so it hardly seems to be worth even talking about.