Old November 6th 08, 06:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Does America have the best sidewalks to ride in the world?

Who needs bike lanes?

I guess, having sidewalk ramps just about every corner, you can cross
easily from sidewalk to sidewalk. I think they were originally
intended for wheelchairs, but I'm sure bikers outnumber handicap users
at least 10 to 1.

True that the American suburb where the well-to-do live, often lacks
sidewalks at all, but chances are that if you live there you own an
SUV.

So it is that sidewalks in America carry a good chunk of cyclists that
otherwise would not have a chance to ride since are our roads remain
no-man's land.

Yep, we probably have the best sidewalks in the world.

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution