Old November 7th 08, 07:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Default Does America have the best sidewalks to ride in the world?

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 6, 8:06 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Well, you are not easy to insult I must admit so maybe I will stop doing
it.
Just stay off the liberal asshole nonsense and we can most likely get
along.

See, there's the rub... And it ain't that I'm liberal, just that I

believe that I find ridiculous that we lack BIKE LANES, BIKE PATHS,
AND ALL KINDS OF BIKE FACILITIES... Why? Because they don't make
enough money for the system... Yeah, IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY, my friend.
We are trashing the planet and risking nuclear war so we can make
money and more money. IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE ANYM0RE... IT'S ABOUT MONEY!
[...]

Discrimination today is based on economic status, not race. Well,

sometimes they go together, but riding a bike for practical purposes
signals that you are at the bottom of the food chain, where not only
you get discriminated against (drivers often blast the horn at you to
get out… and go unpunished), but also you can get killed.

The weak must join the strong --or stay home.

You need to get out of Florida. The roads there are narrow and too much
traffic. Cyclists need their own bike paths. That is the alpha and the omega
of it all. Too many people - not enough space.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka