Old July 31st 18, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default My Bike Path in the News

On 2018-07-30 21:34, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 6:20:15 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/30/2018 3:59 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/30/2018 1:34 PM, Joerg wrote:

Some people are fed up and the smart ones are moving to
Texas. Lots of jobs, not quite as nice outdoors but it
does cut the housing expenses in half.

I haven't heard about you moving to Texas. So are you not
part of the "smart ones"?

I wouldn't know from smart but ten years ago Joerg could
make that case easily.

Texas and California are no longer the extreme examples:

http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...-state-map.png

I wasn't really doubting the direction of migration. I was just noting that
the guy who claimed the smart ones are moving was not among those moving.

Smart people look at the big picture. Moving is a major hassle whether
it's 100 miles or 6000 miles. I have done both.

If I'd be in the prime of my earning years I'd be long gone, probably in
Southern Utah. Now that I am gradually retiring many of the leftist
roadblocks no longer apply to us. So why would we give up a nice group
of neighbors, friends, church congregation, mountain bike trails and so
forth if the downsides of living in a leftist state have become less
influential on us? That's what smart people think through before making
such a decision.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/