Old August 29th 14, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Light works

Frank Krygowski wrote:

:As I've said before, if the "more is always necessary" rationale for
:headlights were applied to other bicycle equipment, we'd all be on
:motorcycle spokes and tires. Bicycle design is about efficiency and
:elegance, except for most headlights. Then it switches to sledgehammer
:mentality.

Night trail riding is one place where you really can't have too much
light. There are obstacles at all altitudes, and there tend to be
lots of twists and turns, and sudden drop offs. It's ahrd enough to
see everything in daylight. A dynmo isn't going to cut it. (and I
have dynmo lights on all my bikes.)

--
sig 16