Old September 10th 04, 07:45 PM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:01:21 -0700,
,
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Or better yet, scavenge it from a dumpster! And add spokes you found at
a closing-out bicycle shop! And bearings recycled from some other wheel!
Using tools you were given by your brother!*

I recently donated a 20" rear wheel to OCB! that had sorta come from
their own trash bin. It was tossed out as a front wheel with a
slightly rusted chrome rim. I wanted the hub to make a matching pair
of trailer wheels. So, I took it home stripped it and laced the rear
hub I had into the cleaned-up rim, added a freewheel and gave it back.

Cost me nothing except that Johan called me a "freak".
--
zk