Old February 21st 10, 06:17 AM
SemiRecumbent SemiRecumbent is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_2_] View Post
Is anybody familiar with Day 6 Bicycles:
http://www.day6bicycles.com/index.html

They're semi-recumbent bikes. I'm intrigued with the position of the
seat. Although, iIt does seem like they're hesitant to give in fully
to THE POWER OF THE RECUMBENT!

Are there similar bikes out there?

Thanks,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI

I own a Day 6 Bicycle. I wasn't looking for speed or strength, I was looking for a bicycle that made riding pleasant and comfortable. I didn't like hunching over on a regular bicycle or sitting on a tiny seat that poked my rear end. I'm not fat either.

It has made riding a bicycle very enjoyable. No hunching over, the step through design makes mounting easy, and because it is a semi-recumbent it makes peddling very easy as well. People that see you immediately fall in love with the bicycle. You can't go anywhere without being noticed in an envious way.

I spent months test-riding all kinds of bicycles and the Day 6 is the most comfortable by far.