Old May 8th 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Alert: Environmental and Human Health Effects of Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation

On 08 May 2007 11:44:17 GMT, Chris wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

On 07 May 2007 18:59:53 GMT, Chris wrote:

Here is a simple exapmle to demonstarte that you sir need to do your
homework.

If we take the total amount money that have been used to date on
the
Iraq/Afganistamn war (MORE THAN $400 BILLION DOLLARS
http://nationalpriorities.org/index....per&Itemid=182
) we could purchase solar cells, place them on the nuclear testing
grounds of the 1940 - 1970 and TOTALLY ELIMINATE importing all
forign oil. We could take all oil burning/natural gas burning/coal
fired electrical plants OFFLINE. Phase out the internal combustion
engin and go electric. All this could be done in the next ten
years.

1. I don't think there's enough space there to provide that amount
of energy.

http://www.ez2c.de/ml/solar_land_area/

So the U.S. requires shading a square piece of land 413 km on a side.
Where do you suggest that we do that, and sacrifice that much habitat,
farmland, or living space? Better to use roads & roofs.

Once again, I find that accaptable. But you stated:

"I don't think there's enough space there to provide that amount of energy"

and I was just 'teaching' you the errors of your ways.

I stand corrected.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande