Old March 20th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Redwood Park MUni ride, 3/19/06

We had our last training ride for Moab this weekend. After getting beat
up last weekend in Rockville Hills Park, I was looking for something
strenuous but low-impact. Four of us (plus a bicycle) set out on the
Redwood Loop, a 10-mile loop on fire roads, and then the two of us who
are going to Moab dropped down on the technical singletrack through
Joaquin Miller Park.

The loop is low-UPD; only some mud bogs and steep uphills knocked
people off. It is really more 29er/Coker territory, but I was on my
24" for a final shake-out ride. There is a fair amount of stuff to
play on off to the sides of the trail. It was really tiring; I made it
all except one of the hills, including one I'd never made it up before.
I got 'photos, and video' (http://tinyurl.com/zrta4) of Chris Labonte
riding some nice logs, and biffing badly on one.

See you all in Moab!

--
tholub