Old March 15th 17, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default More About Lights

On 16/03/17 03:45, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 7:53:52 AM UTC-7, David Scheidt
wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:

:I remember burning out bulbs with my bottle dynamo if I rode
really :fast. I also remember the slipping problems when the wheels
were wet even :when I used the rubber boot sold to go on the bottle
dynamo roller. Hub :dynamos today really seem to fall down at slow
speeds.

Mine work fine from walking speeds. They produce more light at
higher speeds, but at slow speeds you don't need it, because you're
not moving fast.

I sometimes need light most at slow speeds, when I'm creeping up
hills and trying not to fall into giant pot holes.

You are an anomaly.

At creeping speeds (less than 10km/h), I could see holes with a candle
light.

--
JS