Old March 13th 14, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Here is a report that Blackblade, who prides himself on being
a risk taker, should surely appreciate. He, like all idiots, never thinks it
could happen to him, and, even more idiotically, would probably accept an
accident like this for himself if it came to that. Would you? Best to read this
and find out for yourself just how stupid you are.

You are, again, talking nonsense. The odds are that this WON'T happen to you BUT it MAY ! If it does then you have to deal with the consequences ... as this guy does.

You could fall over in the bath, the street or down your stairs ... there are thousands of deaths from those causes, worldwide, every year. The odds against it are very low though. So, Ed, are you going to forswear those activities too ? You never know, it could be you that it happens to.

One who takes risks for mere thrills deserves any injury or even death if it comes to that. What the rest of us risk in the normal course of going about our lives is not comparable. Apples and oranges - as usual with you.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great