Old January 7th 04, 12:09 PM
Rocketman

Default Rear disc brake on 2001 Klein Attitude?

"Matthew Paterson" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:30:53 -0600, Rocketman wrote:

How did they route the hoses? (Photos would be helpful if you know of
any.)

Looks like the hoses are just routed internally as well. Why cant you do
this?

http://www.vanherwerden.nl/images/kl...ce-28-inch.jpg

I can't see much from this photo (rear discs are exactly opposite the
camera); but it looks like this Klein has I.S. disc mounts.

Although this guy has routed his outside.

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~cbm33930/img051.jpg

Yes, on a bike with I.S. (51mm) disc mounts.

Ideas?

Go with mech discs, like Avids, using your old inners and outers.

Um, thanks Matt; but I don't think you got the crucial point. Obviously, if
I could go the easy route (I.S. discs front and rear), I would. That's not
possible. My 2001 Klein has the older Trek/Klein/Fisher/etc 22mm Hayes disc
mounts, which are inside the rear triangle, not outside of it as I.S. mounts
are.

Rocketman