Old January 8th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BoojiBoy

Default Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1166549 wrote:
Boojiboy: I've attached another photo of me riding with a short seat
extension (GB4). Notice how my elbow is almost locked at 90degrees. I
have very little leverage and it's very uncomfortable to take any weight
on my arms. Now just imagine the same position, but instead of my arms
being locked in a flexed position, that they are placed out the front on
a handlebar, with my the elbows only slightly flexed (ie like a bike).
I think forwards/backwards balance isn't going to change how much, but
it will be a lot more comfortable.

I'm sure it would be more comfortable. During the RTL time trial I
wanted to practically lay down on my T7, but just putting a little extra
weight on the front and I would have to pull back to correct. Actually,
I never thought about it much before, but when I ride, I'm holding on to
the very end of the handles, with my palms on the last inch of handle.
It seems that I would probably benefit from a longer reach like that. I
think putting your main body weight behind that center line will
definitely allow you to distribute more weight to the front for an
easier ride in the seat. I just have very little faith in those t7
rails. It's almost painful for my brain to see your mod pictures because
it's putting more leverage on an already weak point in the t7 design.
But as a prototype for a new way of riding long distances, I think
you're on to something. if that T7 had a straight tube instead of those
rails, I think my brain would hurt less.

--
BoojiBoy