Old June 10th 16, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default At least 5 dead , 9 injured after pickup truck hits bicyclistsfrom BEHIND

On 6/10/2016 12:43 PM, Joerg wrote:
I found that the number of times I got into
critical situations because of inattentive (or possibly soused) drivers
has greatly dropped off since I have bright lighting. One of the reasons
is simple. If a driver, especially a drunk one, sees red flashing lights
in the distance one of the first reactions will likely be "Oh no, cops!"
which in many cases will make them slow down.

Sounds like you must have gotten into many "critical situations" before.
Otherwise you couldn't know they had dropped off greatly.

To me, that's very odd. I can't remember the last time I got in a
"critical situation" on my bike. Perhaps that has something to do with
riding style?

--
- Frank Krygowski