Old August 20th 03, 08:54 AM
Doesnotcompute

Default Minimal Gear for solo riding.....?

Pete Biggs wrote:

Here are my suggestions for what you could leave out or change:

Small rolled waterproof jacket

Won't need that most days

It's tiny and weightless - sno problem

D lock and flexi cable if needed

D lock is a big old weight to carry. A small cable lock will do for day
rides when you're not expecting to leave bike long or in any risky places,
and D lock could possibly be left at destination for commuting, etc.

True, however I'd rather take nothing than a crap lock - it's worth too
much to not use a decent lock. Also,with a Y shape frame, there's
nowhere really safe enough for a cable only.

Some small extra emergency items I carry:

- Park Tyre Boot - adhesive patch to fix a ripped tyre (not tube).
- Presta to Schaeder valve adaptor (with o-ring) so garage compressor can
be used if loose/break/forget pump.
- Extra long limit screw for rear derailleur in case cable fails.

All noted - ta.

How about putting more of the weight on the bike?
Wedge bag? Saddle bag?

Got a small saddle bag holding a tube, patch kit and Alien.

Rack? Seatpost rack? D lock on frame not in bag?

Again, with a Y shape frame, this all becomes slightly more difficult :/

Thanks for your input.

--
Dnc