Old September 7th 05, 04:28 PM
Tom Purvis

Default replaced rear derailleur cable...now what.

Shawn wrote:
...Where'd you ride yesterday Tom? Susie and I were on our
way to Bear Creek when we saw you. Good ride till the Flash
and Boom got too close together.

I was just finishing up Bear Creek-Rainbow-108-powerline-Lost Trail.
Got SOAKED during 3 or 4 miles of the Rainbow, but there was no
lightening, just really cold rain. Luckily my new rain jacket was
safe at home where it wouldn't get dirty or sweaty.

Then I clipped a sharp rock on Lost Trail and BOOM (blew out a
sidewall, and blasted slime all over an innocent pinon pine
bystander). Found my tire boot missing from the camelbak (?) and
had to use a single serving hand wipe package, which juiced out
as I aired up the tire. But it held back to the house!

It was my ride for odd luck. I've barely missed plenty of storms
and had almost no mechanicals in a long summer of good riding.
So I grinned, happily cobbled the bike together, and rode out
carefully. Good chance to dry off. Actually it was lucky that
the sidewall failed loudly. I was going to just run those tires
in the Banana Belt this weekend. If it hadn't failed I might not
have looked closely at it any time before the race.

Woo Hoo!
--
Tom Purvis - http://www.arkansasvalley.net/ tpurvis/
"The more you drive the less intelligent you are." -Miller, Repo Man.