Old May 4th 09, 01:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
recycled[_2_]

Default Another example of slanted journalism re bicyclists

"Papa Tom" wrote in message
Hmm. Nobody seems to agree with me, so I guess I'll just keep it to
myself from now on.

Just for the record, though, I strongly disagree that these examples do
not imply a guilty verdict with regard to the bicyclists. However, I want
you guys to know that I am IN NO WAY suggesting that the bicyclist is
always an innocent victim. In fact, given the way so many of us ride, I
wouldn't doubt the bicyclist is USUALLY the guilty party in these
collisions. Two more examples, though, and then I'll drop it....

I won't comment on writers and news stories but have had a some
conversations with people who have encountered cyclists that goes to what
you are suggesting generally.

They are basically 'taken by surprise' by cyclists after a turn or hill or
similar view blocking situations. they seem to think that it is somehow the
cyclists fault for being there, not that they were travelling too fast to
react to an unexpected slower vehicle.

In the sense of 'right or wrong' they don't really have a case but in the
'dead or alive' sense there PoV is somewhat stronger.