Old July 25th 03, 06:31 PM
Tom Keats

Default Tour de Gastown, Vancouver meetup

In article ,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" writes:

Ryan Cousineau wrote in message ...

I did have fun meeting up with Zoot and Tom, and then I had to bum out
because my wife wasn't feeling so good (note to self: view next race
stag).

Why didn't you just lock her in the car?

For her own safety? Probably wasn't neccessary, because all
those racer types were pretty much kept away from the spectators.

The odd one or two tried to break loose, but they were quickly
herded back to their own area, and put to work on trainers or
doing warmup laps to keep their attention off any distractions.

If any racers actually did break through, there was plenty of
security around to tazer them back into line.

Come to think of it, the staff did a wonderful job of keeping
the racers under control. I guess they're unsung heroes.
I bet the chix really dig race staff guys.

cheers,
Tom