Old March 25th 14, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default The last headlight you will ever need

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:40:39 -0400, somebody
wrote:

Now I have seen everything:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/1...-3-mode-3200lm

Seven Cree T6 lights (10 watts or 3v @ 3A max).
http://www.cree.com/~/media/files/cree/led%20components%20and%20modules/xlamp/data%20and%20binning/xlampxml.pdf
I'll assume that they run it at 1A to keep the heat down.

The battery pack is too small and is not going to work. The lamp data
sheet shows that the 8.4v battery pack is six 18650 cells, which are
running at 1A output. So, how is this thing suppose to light up LED's
that can use up to 3A with only 1 watt max? I don't see an LED
driver/inverter anywhere. An 8.4v @1A battery pack will deliver 8.4
watts. Yet, the lights can conceivably use 6-10 watts *EACH* or more
conservatively, about 3 watts *EACH* if running at 1A. Assuming 3
watts per lamp for a total of 21 watts, an 8.4 watt battery pack can
run the lights to about 25% battery capacity remaining in 18 minutes.
Sounds great for very short rides.

I gotta get back to work, but this was too good to ignore. Thanks.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D