Old November 23rd 04, 12:05 PM
Roos Eisma

Peter Clinch writes:

David Martin wrote:

Hmm.. I'm waiting for Roos to ride the Fiero into campus.. Igor is getting
hungry.

"Thanks" to small print on CTC's insurance, it isn't insured on college
campuses, so combined with a "why grind salt into my expensive tourer's
transmission when I have a perfectly good hack bike" reasoning she seems
to be of a mind not to bother.

But Igor could try snacking on the shiny new front wheel with Ultegra
dynohub now gracing the Giant... /if/ he thinks he's hard enough! Since
said bike lives with the 'bents, Muni and 8 Freight on a night by night
basis, he may want to carefully consider his chances first! ;-)

I think (hope) that the wheels on the Fiero are too small for Igor and the
700C ones on the Giant too big.

And there's the 'why bother walking around in cycling shoes for a 10 min
ride' reason. The Lifesciences bikeshed does seem fairly secure, wasn't
there something in the CTC small print that on campus but in locked shed
was ok?

Roos