Old November 24th 12, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
yirgster

Default breathable/waterproof jacket

Here in the Bay Area we're heading in to rainy season.

Looking for 2. Any recs most appreciated.

(1)lightweight and compressible. The O2 is not compressible to stuff it into a jersey pocket, let alone stuff other things like clif bars in too. My previous one (recently left in an airport) was from adidas. Weighed nothing and easily compressible.

(2) normal weight and easily compressible -- I have an old one from pearl but it's stiff although I can stuff it into a jersey pocket. I think it's lost some of its waterproofness and it never breathed very well.

Naturally, I want it all, including a moderately low price. The previous jackets were from outlet type sales. So $ instead of $$$.