Old November 24th 12, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default breathable/waterproof jacket

try Campmor.com

I have a Redledge similar to a Campmor branded windbreaker. Fabric's surface is coated with a polymer generating fisheyes or matrix holes possibley over a nylon matrix or fisheye generator...something like that. No Goretex.

There's a slew of fabric names: see Seattle Fabrics

Jacket I have dampens in a long hard rain, doesn't leak. Most protection in the low cost area is on shoulders with less along sides. The dampness may be from my body moisture....butbutbut I could feel the fabric breath when I wore it as new.

I have goretex lines and polycoat rain pants that are excellent at 40-$50. If buyinbg rainpants, buy with inside liners oh thighs, zips on lower shins. Liners allow greater body moisture escape like a flue.

N doahn forget an Outdoor Research gortex hat - PRIMO ! or sewurown witg Seattle...Seattle has a balclava black nylon stretch FEELS LIKE COTTON. if urold bala is shot. Sew several, rob a bank, becomne a terrorist. De Rigeur.

All get packed, OR's hat is a canoe/kayak staple to muh head.

There are goretex socks. ow $ with SF and a shoe tree.....

sewing gore is technical...you'd need search the net for advice.