Old April 1st 18, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default MTB disc brake caused wild fire

On 4/1/2018 2:44 AM, wrote:

I think no one is arguing that in that kind of situation hydraulic disk brakes are the better choice. That doesn't mean that you die if you use rimbrakes. You have just be aware of the limitations and behavior of your brakes. That is part of your riders skills.

Exactly. And more generally, I think we can say that most bike problems
- crashes, broken equipment, etc. - are caused by a lack of rider skills
and/or a lack of foresight. I think he more intelligent and competent a
person is, the fewer problems he has.

--
- Frank Krygowski