Old March 14th 05, 03:22 AM
jj

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:58:11 GMT, RonSonic
wrote:

Look I'm just ribbing you with the "SICK" thing, but there's more than a little
truth to it. I mean what do you expect, you got a disease and you're taking a
powerful antibiotic (just check the powerful price) that is capable of taking
out anthrax and the bubonic plague and you're surprised that you're legs aren't
quite sharp?!?!

Give yourself a break.

Ron

OK, ok... ;-)

I'm just saying that during the worst part of the infection (last Fri.,
Sat. and Sun.) I was riding with my usual exhuberance. So, even though I
get your drift, I don't think it's the illness so much as some side effect
from the antibiotic.

Today's ride was a little better. I was able to spin up and sprint three or
four times, but was still pushing an easier gear than usual.

I guess what I'm hoping is that it's not my age catching up with me or my
conditioning - thing is I've been doing so well up to this point and was
hoping or expecting my breakthrough of 2/20/05 to continue. Had been seeing
steady improvement from 2/09, fairly strong serial improvement on 2/20
through 2/22, each day being progressively stronger.

Then suddenly as of 3/09 started seeing a serious slump that lasted until
today. This co-incided with the starting of the antibiotic on 3/07.
Motivation was fine (unlike when I'm really sick), but surprisingly, legs
were just not there.

jj