Old July 1st 03, 06:43 PM
John Bartley K7AAY

Default Head impact, brain damage and resulting change in abilities (Was: Any helmet laws successfully overturned?)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:16:25 GMT, (John Bartley
K7AAY (ex-KGH2126)) wrote:
Please also visit brainplace.com, where a pediatric psychiatrist uses brain
scans to prove small head trauma can have drastic impact on skils,
abilities and temprament.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:24:09 -0500, Kevan Smith
wrote:
Since head injuries can occur at any time or place, perhaps we should
all wear foam hats all the time.

Or, perhaps, soften the edges of our environment.

But what's that? People who bicycle are more
likely to get head injuries than those who don't? Ahh, now it's a different
subject. Prove it.

Please indicate where in the above I made the assertion.
Use a #2 pencil and stay between the lines.

"Jasper Janssen" wrote in message
.. .
Playing soccer or american football, let alone rugby or aussie rules, in
gym class is probably a much bigger risk.

Yep. That's what Dr Amen says.
Go watch Muhammed Ali for details.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:20:23 -0700, "one of the six billion"
wrote:
A lifetime of eating at McDonalds is probably an even bigger risk.

snip

Risk to mental functioning? That was the thread, not risk to lifespan. You
seem to be engaging in topic drift.

--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.