Old July 27th 05, 11:39 PM
Jasper Janssen

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:54:10 -0700, Mark Hickey rote:
David Damerell wrote:

[The back brake's a Suntour self-energiser, so I've no idea how well a
conventional canti works on a tandem.]

That's probably the one place that self-energizing brake makes sense
(since the back end of a tandem never gets TOO light under braking -
I've yet to see anyone do a nose wheelie on one). ;-)

You still don't want to *lock* the wheel, though. Especially as recovering
from a slide might be harder with two people acting on instinct. And you
definitely don't want to lock the front wheel of a tandem.

Jasper