Old January 24th 09, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected][_2_]

Default Commuting to Canary Wharf - advice sought

My work location in London moves to Canary Wharf next week. [I’ve
hitherto been commuting from Paddington to Victoria by Brompton.] This
significantly lengthens my commute. Not looking forward to it one
bit. I’ve been looking at options involving various combinations of
bike (folder and full-size), Docklands Light Railway, Thames Clipper
ferry, and possibly going from Waterloo (I live in Reading so
Paddington or Waterloo are options.). Also looked at cycling the
whole distance from Paddington from Canary Wharf - about 9 miles,
longer on quieter roads - the distance is not a problem for me but
East London doesn’t exactly look a cyclist’s paradise. [I hate the
Tube so want to avoid it if poss]

Appreciate any advice from folks with experience of commuting this
route with bike, i.e. Paddington or Waterloo to Canary Wharf.

Many thanks in advance, Reg