Old February 3rd 18, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Another reason for wearing helmets

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 23:05:07 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/2/2018 7:44 PM, John B. wrote:

Ah, I had forgotten that an individual not mounted on a bicycle has
no need of a safety helmet.

As we recently saw, it's not just a bicycle that triggers the need for
styrofoam. It's anything with pedals. Even a multi-hundred pound rail
car that's far more stable than a kitchen chair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6FgHnnzQU

Or a low recumbent tricycle: http://www.terratrike.com/

I guess it must be the pedals that somehow impose tremendous risk of TBI.

Good Lord! I'll have to talk to someone at the hospital. They've got
people being wheeled around in chairs and other's being pushed around
on wheeled tables and not a safety helmet in sight.
--
Cheers,

John B.