Old July 28th 05, 01:28 AM
Bruce Davis

Many thanks to all who posted replies (especially to Ed Dolan the Great, who
makes this newsgroup quite entertaining despite what his detractors may
claim). You all have provided some valuable information, whether it be
specific tips on avoiding crashes and/or surviving crashes; or more general
information that is useful as well. I plan to continue to enjoy taking my
EZ Racer out for weekend jaunts, but will now be more cognizant of the
nuances of the bike (e.g., avoid unstable road surfaces at all costs [wet
leaves and sandy soil in particular]; and if I do fall, just keep my feet on
the pedals and let my hip-flesh take the brunt of it, rather than snapping
any more bones).

I will henceforth be a loyal reader of ARBR, though most likely more of a
lurker than a poster. So I just wanted to say thank you once again.

(p.s. I think the reason I find Ed so entertaining is that he reminds me of
my favorite fictional character -- Ignatius J. Reilly of "A Confederacy of
Dunces." I hope Ed doesn't take offense at that -- I'm sure Ed isn't nearly
as fat as Ignatius.)