Old July 28th 05, 08:25 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:28:02 -0400, "Bruce Davis"
wrote:

[...]
(p.s. I think the reason I find Ed so entertaining is that he reminds me
of
my favorite fictional character -- Ignatius J. Reilly of "A Confederacy of
Dunces." I hope Ed doesn't take offense at that -- I'm sure Ed isn't
nearly
as fat as Ignatius.)

The only cartoon character I keep up with is Garfield. I wonder if that darn
cat is in anyway influencing me? I also have 8 cats of my own, yet I am not
really a cat fancier. But I do prefer cats to dogs because they are less
trouble. All my cats came to me as strays. They must recognize a sucker when
they see one.

Well, maybe his head might be as fat, since it must house his ego.

Don't count me too solidly among Ed's detractors. Even though he has
hurled insults my way (I'm a liberal, PC squared trewp) I too often
find him entertaining. And as Ed sees himself more a gadfly than a
troll to the group I occasionally play devil's advocate and question
some of his inconsistancies, especially when they become generally
offensive to certain groups or nationalities. I guess I think of Ed as
more an Ogre, he lives under any bridge in the area and can be
unsettling to those who don't know him.

I do think of myself as a gadfly. A deadly serious person would never bother
to do what I do. When you come to ARBR and have noted the on-topic posts,
then you are ready for a little levity from me. Why should we all be bored
to death just because some few find bike computer calibrations interesting.
God preserve us all from the scientific and engineering types. Number
crunchers are not even human. Anyone miss Tom Sherman with his eternal
trivial facts and figures?

Ed's post to you today was the mnost on-topic thing I believe I've
ever seen him deliver. If I didn't know better I would think he was
mellowing out a little. But I'll never make Santa's mistake. I've seen
a black rainbow.I trwholly know better.

Some on this group think I do not even have any recumbents since I seldom
post anything on-topic. I have surely got too many. No one will come to my
house anymore for fear of tripping over them.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota