Old October 25th 06, 04:31 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace
NYC XYZ

Default "A Bicycle Shop" (163 w22nd st) totally full of sh!t

Peter Clinch wrote:

It is healthier: motorists get the same pollution as cyclists. Cyclists
live on average rather longer than non-cyclists.

Averages are deceptive. That's why statisticians almost never rely on
averages.

And how do motorists get the same pollution? For one thing, they run
from it faster. For another, they're usually enclosed, with climate
control (which I assume has a filter).

It's much cheaper. Repairs aren't frequent on a quality bike and what
does need done is generally cheaper than having it done on a car. You
don't need to fill a bike with fuel or pay a fare.

Sorry, I had in mind bicycle commuting in NYC -- which means, versus
public transportation, not driving my own vehicle.

It is helping the environment.

Again, I had in mind NYC conditions, which are typically with respect
to public transportation.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK