Old November 3rd 03, 01:02 AM
Nick D.

Default The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- Why Off-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited

"Johnsben01" wrote in message
To Mike Vandeman,

I don't claim to be the smartest guy around. Nor do I claim to have
all the answers. However, what I do know is that every person has an
opinion. Some people are very open about their opinions and some are
not. I have enjoyed mountain biking; since I was knee high to a
grasshopper. There is nothing you can ever say or do that will keep me
from mountain biking. Like many Americans, I enjoy the freedoms that
our men and women have died for. You sir, have a freedom and a right
to voice your opinion. And I, a freedom and a right to mountain bike.
"...Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...", isn't that true?

What is upsetting to me is that you find your happiness in trying to
prevent people from pursueing that which makes them happy and that you
are concsious of that fact.

First, let me state that I am an avid mountain biker and in no way condone
Mikey's views or actions...But, are you sure you're only upset about him
"trying to prevent people from pursueing that which makes them happy"? I
have a feeling you're really upset about him picking on mountain biking.
After all, if murdering little kids made some people happy, and he was
trying to prevent them from pursueing that, would you be upset?

You're lack of logic in your explanations
and opinions shows your foolishness. It is better to remain silent,
and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
You sir have removed all doubt.

-Benji Johnson