Old July 15th 05, 09:58 PM
Pat

Default Bicycle Safety and Licenses

"Dion Dock" wrote in message
: Let us not forget that motor vehicles require licenses. I don't know
where
: you live, but I routinely see the following:
:
: * running yellow/red lights
: * speeding
: * failure to come to a complete stop
: * turning without signal
: * weaving
: * tailgating
: * passing bicycles without leaving enough room (3' per the Oregon drivers
: manual)
:
: I think people hold bikes to a higher standard; maybe because they know
the
: chances of a cyclist getting a ticket are much lower.
:
: A license would solve this how?
:
: -Dion

It would help solve the problems because the operators of the bicycles would
have to take a course in the laws pertaining to bicycle use. I think people
do not hold bikes to a higher standard---they just like to gripe when
somebody gets away with something that they would like to do.

Pat in TX