Thread: Ketone Esters
View Single Post
Old September 4th 19, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]
external usenet poster

Default Ketone Esters

A couple of weeks ago we were talking about Ketone Esters. This is sort of a predigested results of dietary fat.

I had breakfast and because I was heading out on a difficult ride I drank a bottle of that stuff cut 50/50 with tap water.

It has a taste reminiscent of fingernail polish. And that taste sticks with you.

It didn't seem to do anything. I really dragged my butt up the 1,000 foot climb with 9-12% sections but I made it.

It costs a small fortune so it hardly seems to be worth even talking about.

Yesterday I had forgotten to go to the store and had nothing for breakfast before another hard ride so on an empty stomach I drank that stuff again. This time before I left I brushed my teeth and used Listerine mouthwash. That reduced the taste to merely unpleasant.

I rode out to the target 19 miles and 1600 feet of climbing away and I didn't bonk which I would have expected to do what with no breakfast. At the coffee shop I had a roll and a coffee and came back. At the end of the ride I was not exceptionally tired and had a rather fast recovery.

So perhaps this stuff is worth you giving a try if you're a sports rider. It did appear to work far better on an empty stomach than after having eaten.. And brushing the teeth and using mouthwash DEFINITELY was the way to go.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home