Old September 5th 19, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Ketone Esters

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 5:25:24 PM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:
AMuzi writes:

On 9/4/2019 4:42 PM, James wrote:
On 5/9/19 7:20 am, AMuzi wrote:

I don't know.
I'm happy that you are happy. If this works for you, by
all means do it more.

Your post reminded me of Chalo's all time pithy RBT
comment about cycling-specific energy bars and drinks, "I
just eat actual food." Works for me too.

I ate a meat pie mid ride once. The day was cold. The pie
was hot. Seemed like a good idea at the time. It wasn't
though. I was regurgitating meat all the way home.

Some actual food is counter productive.

It's a good story though!

At 85 miles into a sunny but windy 40F late September century, my
friend and I were just out of everything and stopped to eat some field
corn (dairy cow maize, not sweet corn). The effect was miraculous and
within minutes we were back riding.

Raw? No sorghum or onions available? Did you eat the stalk and leaves,
silage-style?

I have sampled roadside apples and concord grapes, both quite
uncultivated, and rode away refreshed.

You could break your teeth on field corn. It's what Joerg uses to bang on his fence nail to repair his chain.

The opportunistic food of choice around here is blackberries. https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8388/2...24b3da59_z.jpg

I've got to go pick some before the season is over. A lot of my favorite bushes were looking pretty lousy this year, maybe because of the dry summer. You can also find fruit trees of various types -- a lot of mystery apples. I should have trapped the chicken that chased me a few weeks ago and eaten that! Show that chicken who is an apex predator!

We also have these things called stores where you can buy God's perfect energy food: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...g?v=1559954199

Mmmmm, donettes.

-- Jay Beattie.