Old April 3rd 13, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

Default Spring

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 09:12:49 -0400, Duane
wrote:

On 3/29/2013 1:13 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

When I went for groceries yesterday, I wore my cotton jersey.

It's true that that was because there's a needle attached to a
half-made darn in my wool jersey, and I did wear a silk shirt and two
cotton shirts under it, but I've been riding in cotton.

And I came straight back -- on my previous trip, I spent a couple of
hours in the library with stuff that needs refrigeration in my
panniers.

It's finally spring!

(Time to dig up the iris and put them somewhere they won't get
smothered by tiger lilies.)

A friend snapped a picture of 15 or so of us with our bikes lined up for
the start of Sunday's ride. There was a 6 foot snow bank behind us.
Yes, spring in Quebec!

There was ice as I was communting to work in NYC this morning. Not
much, but it was still there. And it has been very windy for weeks.