Old July 20th 05, 02:08 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default maximum weight on a Bianchi Eros frame.

Chalo wrote:
TLOlczyk wrote:

Ok. For about the last nine months I've been sidelined with some real
nasty Achilles tendonitis. That ( plus a change in medications to one
that causes weight gain ) has caused my weight to really scoot up.
Now that the pain is subsiding, and I am ready to get back on a bike
can someone tell me what the maximum weight that the frame on a
Bianchi Eros can handle is?

Do switch to some kind of tubular spindle crank if your bike is
equipped with a square taper, though. When those things snap off-- and
that is the only way they fail structurally-- you can get seriously
hurt. One of the new 2-piece cranks with outboard-mounted BB bearings
would be a good choice.

Maybe you ought to see how much the gent weighs before you assume that
a square taper crank/BB will be unsafe. Many have ridden square taper
w/o problem for decades, and to paint it as 'unsafe' for nearly anybody
is not accurate.

In 20 years I have seen 3 BB square tapers break. I have also seen 2
octalink break and we will have to see about the two piece systems, as
they have only been around for 3 years so far.

Keep in mind that the risks you assume by not getting enough exercise
may be much graver than the risks you assume by riding a flimsy
bicycle. To mitigate both kinds of risk, however, you can always
upgrade to a sturdier bike.

Chalo Colina