Old March 17th 07, 02:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Gt idrive eccentric maintenance

Hi thanks for your answer, and yes it's for the old eccentric.

I have downloaded the manual from gt site and according to them you
will need 10 tools.
There's two special tools is the drive and non-drive side eccentric
bearing tool.

here's the link to the manual.
http://www.gtbicycles.com/sa/uploads...lyquickref.pdf

So you use just a pin spanner to replace the special tool from GT? the
pin spanner is for removing and putting back the eccentric?

a pin spanner is the tool from this link?
http://www.bikeworld.com/products/25...-Spanner..html

Do you have more information on that?

do you have a more detail procedure?

is it that easy?

My LBS wouldn't do it, because they don't sell GT.

Slack a écrit :
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:47:41 -0700,
wrote:

Hello to all,

It's been three year that I have my GT idrive, I want to do some
maintenance on the eccentric.

Do I need a special tool for removing or putting back together the
eccentric?

If someone has experiences on this please let me know anything that I
need to know.

Thank you

Are you asking about the older style i-drive? If so, then the only
special tool you'll need is a pin spanner to screw the eccentric retainer
ring on. It a very easy job. Just make su

1. Use high quality marine type grease on the bearings
2. Don't over grease it - the eccentric will not fully screw back
together. Cover/pack the bearings well and a thin coat on the races...
reassemble
--
Slack