Old March 17th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Gt idrive eccentric maintenance

On 17 mar, 12:11, Slack wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 07:34:30 -0700,

wrote:
Hi thanks for your answer, and yes it's for the old eccentric.

I have downloaded the manual from gt site and according to them you
will need 10 tools.
There's two special tools is the drive and non-drive side eccentric
bearing tool.

here's the link to the manual.
http://www.gtbicycles.com/sa/uploads...VEassemblyquic...

So you use just a pin spanner to replace the special tool from GT? the
pin spanner is for removing and putting back the eccentric?

a pin spanner is the tool from this link?
http://www.bikeworld.com/products/25...PA-1-2-4-Pin-S...

Do you have more information on that?

do you have a more detail procedure?

is it that easy?

My LBS wouldn't do it, because they don't sell GT.

#1 please do not top post; reply at the bottom of each message. It makes
the thread much more readable.

ok, I'll have some more info later today and possibly some pictures
because I'm trying to teardown my i-drive now so I can sell it. But I have
to run some errands this morning.

Here's some info - I'll elaborate more later, so hang loose. Out of those
special GT tools, only number 8 is essential, but you have to replace the
main pivot you might be up the creak... without a paddle. You were asking
about the eccentric [only], correct?

-------Short ghetto tool list--------
**Drift - to knock out, carefully, the races
**Block of wood and mallet, or preferred method large vise: to press the
new races in.
**Adjustable Pin spanner (something like this http://www.amazon.com/Tool-Adjustabl...p/B000AO5MCM):
to unscrew the eccentric cam.
**Standard bottom bracket removal tools.
**Sockets, ratchet w/short extender
**Some good assembly (anti-seize) and marine grease.
--
Slack

Yes I'm want to clean the eccentric only. Thank you a lot for your
informations.

If you're able to join pictures with more explanation that will be
great.

Am I posting at the bottom now?