Old March 31st 05, 01:43 PM
Maggie

catzz66 wrote:
Congrats, Claire. Did the same thing myself on Saturday. I started

off
thinking putting fenders on my bike would have been a good idea, but
after a few miles, it would not have helped since I was soaked to the

gills anyway. I'd just lubed my chain, so not having to be too

careful
wiping it down was a plus. Found it a little hard to see sometimes,

but
otherwise it was okay.

I can't even imagine riding in that kind of weather. My bike comes out
when the sun is shining, and all is right with the world. I am in fear
my two charity rides will be held on days when it decides to rain. I am
not sure I can handle it. Considering that law they passed yesterday
to make age 40, the age where you can sue for "age discrimination"
because you are now in the "OLDER WORKER" category...I am feeling a
little weird today.

If 40 is the OLDER WORKER...what the heck is 50? I thought 50 was the
new 40? I guess not. All morning long the news has been reporting on
THE 40 Year old "OLDER WORKER" and how companies prefer younger
workers. Makes me wonder if this old bat should go riding in bad
weather. Makes me wonder if I could get a job if I were ever laid off.
Makes me think I might do damage to my really old body if I ride in bad
weather since I am so "OLDER". I'm older than the "OLDER WORKER".
AGGGHHHHHH Kudos to you Claire for your determination and daring. You
are one awesome woman.
All good things
Maggie