Old November 1st 17, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 1:57:15 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/1/2017 3:39 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 12:35:34 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

A lever is never supposed to bottom out before the brake force on
respective wheel is maxed. If it did then he'd have faulty brakes and I
am sure he'd not have posted this. The guys look like serious cyclists
who know this.

How old are you again Joerg? With even the old Campy brakes it was possible to bottom out the levers often without locking the wheels.

Delta maybe but not the classic forged-arm sidepull.

Well adjusted, they had good stopping power -- particularly the short reach.. I used standard reach NR side-pulls on my touring bike all the way across the US and on many tours. Great stopping even fully loaded -- using some of the Scott-Mathauser brake pads. The cooling fins made me go faster.

-- Jay Beattie.