Old December 2nd 07, 11:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

Default mobile phone jammers

TimC wrote:

The (U.S.?) police are currently experimenting with microwave devices
to disable post-1979 car electronics. I want one of those too.

Have you got a link for this? I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Motor vehicle electronics lives within one of the most vicious electrical
environments around. There's a lot of work that goes into not only shielding,
but recovery (rebooting) of the microprocessor when things go wobbly.
This is not a feature, you absolutely need it otherwise your car would work
much like M$ Windows, it stops in the middle of the freeway, you turn off,
crank again, and away you go.

It's so good at it, it could crash and restart without the barest glitch as
far as the driver is concerned.

With this in mind, you would need some serious interference to clap out the
thing.

This is one of the things that I'd want to see before I believe it.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org