Old May 20th 17, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

Default Weird crack in crank

AMuzi wrote in news
On 5/18/2017 1:48 PM, wrote:
I recently removed my pedals for transport and realized that the
blemish I previously dismissed as a strange scratch in the crank must
surely be a crack. It is at the end of the right crank arm, in the
middle, well around, and _parallel with the plane of the chainrings_.
That is, if it were to prpogate, it would split the pedal theads in
half, left and right. I will replace it, but has anyone ever seen
this?

Yes. (more commonly in the other plane)

Here are mo
http://pardo.net/bike/pic/fail-001/FAIL-001.html